Isa 29:13 "The Lord says: "These people come near to me with their mouths and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worhsip of me is made up only of rules taught by men"
Personal Note: Isaiah 29:13 makes it clear why God is going to by-pass the wisdom of men. It is because they were only going through the motions of serving God but their hearts were far from Him. They knew about God intellectually, but they didn't know Him personally.
The need to know it all is a stumbling block. All those classes I took at BYU education week never brought me closer to God. It was not until I found him with my heart, that my eyes were finally opened, I am now beginning to understand what I could never come to know through years and years of attending classes. To understand God's ways and be born again, you must believe with your heart (Rom. 10:10). I now, finally, understand this concept.
Christians are not supposed to be mindless. God gave us our brains and wants us to use them. But we need to factor in to every evaluation the truths of God as revealed to us in His Word. The Bible gives us all we need to know. This is God’s final truth. For some man to come along and feel like he has the right through new revelation to add to God’s word is spreading false doctrine. Why people feel it is necessary to know more than God wants us to know is a mystery to me. I tried it for many years, and it just doesn’t work. To grow close to God and to really get to know Him and Jesus Christ is to read His word (the Bible) and to let the Holy Spirit work within him to reveal what the words on the page are saying. There is no mystery to what the Bible is trying to teach us. There is nothing missing that God wants us to know. Joseph Smith was preaching his own agenda, not God’s.
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment